Thursday, October 29, 2015

Bosch Appreciation Post

Detail from Garden of Earthly Delights
There was no way that I was going to let October pass without mentioning my favorite historical artist, Hieronymus Bosch. Before I saw Bosch's artwork, I had no idea that artists from so long ago had such amazing imaginations and could invent hybrid monsters just as well as any sci-fi artist today. I fell in love with Bosch, as most do, with his famous painting, The Garden of Earthly Delights. However, this painting is just the tip of the iceberg for Bosch's creature design. 

I wish I had more time to talk about Bosch in detail, but, like most people around this time of year, I am still scrambling to get the last bits of my Halloween costume together. Are you still trying to figure out what to be? Check out these sketches by Bosch and maybe you'll find some inspiration!








My personal favorite



No comments:

Post a Comment